Do you struggle with Anxiety?
Do you worry so much that your thoughts literally consume you?
Well, let me encourage you- We have the cure! Through Jesus Christ, we have the cure.
In this day and age having anxiety and stress seems like an inevitable part of life for most people. However, the Bible says we were not meant to worry! In Matthew 6:25-34 we read truth about why there is no need for us to worry. The Lord wants us to thrive! His goal for us was never to have fear or anxiety! Worrying does massive amounts of damage to your spiritual usefulness. As you read through the Scriptures, you see that God wants His children preoccupied with Him, not with the corrupt things of this world. His command is clear: “Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth” // Colossians 3:2. Anxiety cripples your spiritual growth. It is the wrong way to handle the stresses of life. We allow our daily concerns to turn into worry, therefore we sin. When we become consumed with fear of the future or anxiety of the past rather than thriving in the moment.
Some practical steps to overcoming anxiety and stress would be refreshing daily with God’s word, spending time in prayer, and worship. Working out, going to bed and waking up on time. Be a good steward of time and have peace with others.
To everyone reading this, whether you struggle with anxiety or not: I challenge you to read your Bible, listen to nothing but worship music, and talk to God at least once a day for the next 30 days. I promise you will see a difference in your life. Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He loves you.
Find your rest in The Lord. Take refuge in Him.
- “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” // Romans 12:1-2 NIV
- “As for God, His way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him. For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure”. // 2 Samuel 22:31-33
- “Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you” // Psalm 9:10
- “When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love, Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.” // Psalm 94:18-19
- “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” // 1 Peter 5:7
XOXO, Sydnie Odom.